Are you Discouraged with your Weight?
Check this out:
Here are 15 common compulsive eating triggers that create extra eating with extra calories consumed, resulting in carrying excess weight. Count how many of these apply to you:
- I eat to avoid or numb painful emotions. I’d rather eat than feel bad
- I am obsessed with my appearance and my self worth is tied to my body size
- I think about food all the time
- I eat when I do other things, such as watch TV, go to the movies, drive the car, work on my computer or read
- Food is my companion when I am lonely or feel unlovable
- I rarely feel physical hunger, such as hunger pangs or growling in my stomach. And I often feel full when I am done eating
- I eat in secret
- I weigh myself often
- My appearance brings me shame and guilt: I don’t like my appearance and dislike what I see in the mirror
- I have tried to lose weight in the past – but gained it back
- My self-talk is negative
- I feel my eating is out of control and instead of enjoying eating with pleasure, I feel guilty about my eating
- My evenings are the most challenging – I eat my way through the evening even after having dinner
- I eat because I feel guilty about my eating and/or weight
- I have a tendency to have high standards for myself, even possibly expecting perfectionism
I brainstormed the above list from my own compulsive eating days as well as those of my clients. If even 5-7 of these apply to you, then I would suggest you too have a compulsive eating problem. Don’t worry – awareness is key and there IS something you can do about it! (Dieting is NOT the answer – please don’t go there).
Tune the Temple is a Christian Weight Loss journey with the goal of healing these issues at the root, with God’s help. This program is about coming out of this bondage to food and into freedom (see the list below). This is not a weight loss diet, but a lifestyle of learning to eat like the NormallyThin Person while experiencing healing at the root eating issues.
Please contact me through the contact form below and share your struggle.
I would love to hear your story and find a way to encourage you! (Confidentially, of course).
Freedom from Eating and Weight Struggles
If you struggle with compulsive eating, then you want your struggle with eating and your weight to end! You want healing and to be set free. You want the freedom:
- to like your appearance and enjoy what you see in the mirror
- to stop weighing yourself
- to be able to have any food in your house and forget that it is in the cupboard
- to eat for physical hunger instead of emotional comfort
- to feel better about yourself, relax your standards a bit, find peace and positive self-talk
- to eat small portions of foods that you really like without desiring to finish the entire portion or bag
- to be able to not think about and easily pass up food when you are not hungry
- to be able to drive by an ice cream stand and have no thought or desire to stop
- to be able to say, “No!” to food at any moment
- to be able to leave the restaurant with half to two-thirds of the serving to take home
- to enjoy your evenings without the strong drive/compulsion to eat
- to eat chocolate, without guilt! (or any other favorite food)
- to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of your life, without control or struggle or dieting
- to have your clothes fit comfortably, always
- to be normal with food again!
This list of 15 Freedoms is not a complete list – but a taste to wet your appetite. These are some of the goals of Tune the Temple’s Online Video Class. Go here to find out more about this class. You can also read over 200 blog articles on the Blog by clicking that title in the top menu.
Please be encouraged that God has an answer for you. If He could set me free – He can do the same for you – for whom the son sets free is free indeed! (John 8:36)
Christian Weight Loss Coach
Please share your experience with me! I would really love to hear from you. Fill in the forms below: