Accept that the holidays are hard for a lot of people! You are not alone if you overate food and sweets during the past month. I suggest that you accept what happened, extend forgiveness to yourself, dust yourself off, and be ready to begin again with some healthy eating strategies.
- Get some exercise as soon as possible! There is nothing more motivating than moving your body. It invigorates you, causes you to feel more alive, and encourages you like nothing else to make wise food choices. What can you do today? – even if it is a short brisk walk or a short youtube video. There is an app called, “The Official 7 Minute Workout App” that is free for devices and uses no exercise equipment. Give it a try!
- Realize that weakness is your strength! There is nothing more powerful you can do for success than to ask the Lord to empower you in eating wisely and according to your own body’s needs. Eating challenges require much more that willpower, in my opinion.
- Give yourself permission to eat the foods you like, but in moderation. Depriving yourself of certain foods only creates an obsession for them. In the end you are worse off. It is better to eat them guilt free in small servings when you are hungry than to deny yourself what you want.
- Eat smaller more frequent meals/snacks. Eating large quantities in one sitting creates much havoc – especially causing large production of insulin, the fat storing hormone. Instead, purpose to eat smaller servings which can fit on a salad plate 5 times a day or so.
- Drink lots of fresh water! Dehydration prevents weight loss. To foster weight loss and a sharp brain, drink frequently, sipping throughout your day. Aim for 8 or more glasses per day.
- Set new health goals! The beginning of the year is inspiring for many, especially after all that holiday overeating. What would you like to see happen this year in health? Sit and envision yourself already arrived. What does it feel like? Write it down and keep it in front of you. Now make a plan to arrive there, believing that all things are possible with God’s help.
Many blessings on your health endeavors for this year. If you would like help, I offer private coaching as well as a 9-Lesson online weight loss class designed to help you find freedom from eating and weight struggles. I really enjoy encouraging people who are discouraged and not sure what to do. Contact me if you would like any help!
Christian Weight Loss Coach
Tune the Temple is a ministry of practical eating strategies and inner healing from weight issues. Jesus came to set the captives free!