Excerpts from an email correspondence:
You asked “Why can’t I be disinterested in food?” This is because an addiction is in place and the enemy has gained ground in your life. That’s why this is such a fight – it is spiritual warfare to the max. It’s a battle for your life; for peace and freedom. The enemy wants you stuck on this, focused on your sin and failure so that you will be ineffective in the Kingdom.
This is a fight. Use your “No!” as a battle strategy!
Here are some reasons to say “No!” to food when you are not hungry (even one bite is disastrous). Ask the Lord to empower your “No!”
- This is an addiction I want to break
- This is the enemy controlling my life
- I want to glorify God, not the enemy
- This is spiritual warfare = I fight by saying “No!” to extra food when I am not physically hungry and when I have eaten enough to be satisfied
- Overeating keeps me caught in a cycle of sin-focus that is controlling my life
- God wants me free so that I can focus on other things in the Kingdom
- I want to be healthy and fit
Anyone want to share other reasons to say “No!” to extra food? I’d love to hear what helps you!