When I was attending monthly business meetings for Vermont Women Business Owners, I was flooded with tons of wonderful great ideas to implement, as each meeting had a speaker with a theme topic in which they were very knowledgeable. I learned so much and implemented some of the strategies taught to me.
Apply One Strategy
Sometimes I was overwhelmed with all the good strategies to try. So, it was so helpful when a co-leader suggested to us one day that to prevent being overwhelmed, or not doing anything at all, take away from each meeting ONE thing to implement. And actually do it! That would mean 12 new strategies added in a year’s time.
This concept of applying ONE strategy was so incredibly helpful to me, as I tend to try to do too much!
One Healthy Strategy
So, I am asking you today - “What one strategy could you apply this month to improve your health?” I would love some feedback in the reply box below! Choosing to do ONE thing may help you get started, as it may not be as overwhelming, causing you to shut down – or trying too much and eventually quitting.
Here are 10 ideas or you could come up with your own idea:
- Ask for help more around the house – to reduce your stress.
- Add 20-30 minutes of fast walking 3 times a week.
- Cut your food/eating portion sizes in half.
- Drink more water, bringing a water bottle with you where ever you go, sipping throughout your day.
- Going to bed a bit earlier as to get 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Say ing”no” more often – and doing only those things God is calling you specifically to do!
- Make that doctor’s appointment that you have been putting off.
- Join Tune the Temple’s Online Weight Loss Class – to break the unhealthy attachment to food, find more peace, and lose weight – in a non-dieting lifestyle eating approach that you can sustain. (see more below)
- Hire a personal coach to help you reach your health goals.
- Work out to Youtube videos 3-5 times/week for regular exercise.
I am choosing to go to bed a bit earlier, hoping to get more sleep, as this is an issue for me. Now it’s your turn – what ONE CHOICE will you choose this month? Reply below!
Consistency, I have learned, is one of the biggest keys to success. Choosing to actually apply your choice on a regular basis, even when you don’t feel like it, and building it into your schedule, is a HUGE tip for being able to continue your health strategy as a lifestyle.
Go for it – and do it regularly! (Of course, allow yourself some grace for sickness, emergencies, etc – and then gett back into it as soon as possible. Starting over is usually harder than doing it routinely).
You may want to add one more health strategy each month through the year if you feel it would be beneficial to you.
Tune the Temple is a ministry of self-care and weight loss to people who desire help, new strategies and accountability. The Online Weight Loss class is beneficial for those who are tired of dieting, want a more successful approach, and are ready to dive into the issues that are driving their disordered eating – so as to journey to freedom from eating and weight issues.